OUR CORE BELIEFS
Our Statement of Faith:
We believe . . .
- The Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments is the only divinely inspired and infallible revelation of God. It is our only written guide and final authority in matters pertaining to faith and life.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His conception by the Holy Spirit, His birth by the virgin Mary, His real but sinless humanity, His voluntary humiliation in life as the Man of Sorrows culminating in His substitutionary and atoning death as a sacrifice for sin, His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension into Heaven as the only and eternal mediator between God and man and His coming again in power and glory.
- We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit, through Whom man is born again to saving repentance and faith, and by Whom the saints are sanctified and enabled to live a godly life.
- The salvation of man is solely by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, that the saved partake of eternal life now and will share in that glorious resurrection which is to come.
- That man in consequence of the fall is utterly sinful and therefore lost, and the unsaved will be raised for final judgment.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all who truly believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, that is, the only Holy Universal Church which is the body of Christ.
The Historical Principles That Guide Us:
- Jesus Christ is the sole head of the Church.
- The divinely inspired Word of God is the sole rule of faith and practice.
- The privilege and duty of each member to interpret, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Bible for himself.
- Christian Character – is defined as the experience of the new birth in Jesus Christ which expresses itself in daily living as in accordance with the Holy Scriptures. (e.g. John 3:3, Rom. 10:9-10; Eph. 2:1-10; Gal. 5:16, 26; 2 Pet. 1:3-11)
- The unity of all believers our aim, as a witness to Christ’s Atonement for sin and to the end that all may be saved by faith in Him.